Full-time position based in Cape Town (V & A Waterfront or Paarl offices)
We are looking for a Technical Support Consultant to join our team. As Technical Support Consultant you will provide customers with a professional and quality level of IT support.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Supports POS software, hardware development cycle to include needs analysis, specifications, testing, troubleshooting and deployment.
- Analyzes user’s needs and develops functional specifications.
- Performs QA Testing, interpretation and analysis of results of tests.
- Deploys software and hardware.
- Provides technical support for POS Help Desk.
- Train users and technical staff in the use of new software.
- Works with users and IS staff to develop and modify systems to meet current and future needs.
- Supports user maintenance requests.
- Responsible for configuring the TallOrder POS solution and installing customer solutions.
- Setting up menu’s and product catalogues as intelligently as possible for new customers.
- Use the Company’s online CRM tool to capture the information relating to all customer interactions and requests.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES::
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
Achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and delight whilst delivering a profitable service to the TallOrder customer base
- Knowledge of PCs and telecommunications required.
- College degree or related work experience.
- Knowledge of the Windows 7 & XP environments and SQL Server database.
- Knowledge in setup, configuration and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN networks.
- Must be detail oriented with a team-oriented, collaborative attitude.
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem solving abilities.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings for special projects.
- Comp TIA A+, Network+ certification a plus,
- Windows 7/10 Configuration and deployment experience a plus,
- They need good knowledge of PCs, Windows, networks and printers.
- Good communication skills – structured problem approach to problem-solving and must love learning.
- Training of our markets & products will be provided.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the form below, or alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.