Full-time position based in Cape Town (V & A Waterfront and Paarl offices)
We are looking for creative and driven junior quality assurance testers who are excited about producing quality software and reducing risk, with good communication skills and strong skills within the IT world.
This position offers excellent growth potential for a tester who is set on taking ownership and applying creative solutions to modern-day problems.
The ideal candidate will work closely within the QA team to develop responsive test plans for our scalable cloud-based applications, as well as maintaining good relationships and working closely with development and support teams.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Testing and suggesting refinements that ensure the product quality, partake in defining, planning and executing the product roadmap.
- Accurately predict development & testing timelines, be able to stick to them and react quickly to change.
- Be able not only to identify and record problems, but also to try to work out what is causing it. High importance placed on fault finding and providing as much information and solutions to the problems
- “Break” the products before our customers / end users uses it.
- Cross platform Testing – of web applications and native / mobile Apps (Windows, Android, iOS)
- Functional Testing –testing applications against defined user stories and business logic. Develop strong ‘hands-on’ debugging abilities with a talent of putting yourself in the user’s shoes and troubleshooting both functional and usability issues
- Scenario Testing – trying to break the application and put yourself in a user’s shoes, is a key responsibility and you should be an out-the-box thinker and able to conceive and replicate different scenarios that users may take to perform a function
- Continually keep yourself updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Be analytical and methodical
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical thinker who is process driven
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
- Create Test plans, Define and maintain requirements and tests
- Continuously improve test coverage by implementing new manual and automated tests
- Define scope of testing within the context of each release/delivery
- Deploy and manage appropriate testing framework to meet the testing mandate
- Assist in the prep of the applicable test environment
- Identify and report test related errors, issues and risks using Freshdesk & JIRA
- Assist in the maintenance of test related documentation
- Execute tests in a repeatable manner for verification when software component changes are made, documenting test results
- Experience and ability in testing multiple platforms, including desktop, tablets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent (Information Technology degree, Information Systems degree)
- Proficiency writing SQL queries, working with MySQL, and relational database concepts.
- Working in a support environment and experience with JIRA, Freshdesk
- Knowledge of test suites, e.g., TestRails
- Experience in Agile software development methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience of working with cloud technologies, Amazon Web Services knowledge – advantageous
- API testing experience using Postman, or similar – advantageous
- 0-2 years relevant working experience
- Self-motivating, self-directing and excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for performance, debugging and benchmarking.
- Enthusiasm for Agile software development.
- Awareness of current and emerging trends
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Dedicated to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices.
- Be flexible and be comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment with frequently changing business needs