Keeping Your Payment Devices Clean during COVID-19
One of the most effective ways to help curb the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and other common viruses is to sanitize and cleanse everything. Just like any other technological device, it is necessary to regularly disinfect your payment terminal to prevent the spread of germs. Not only will this provide a more hygienic and pleasant experience for your customers and staff, but it will also prolong the life of your devices.
HERE ARE SOME TOP TIPS ON HOW TO CLEAN YOUR PAYMENT DEVICE:
What to DO:
- Turn off your device and unplug it from the power source.
- Using a dry, lint-free or microfibre cloth, carefully rub the exterior of the machine to remove any dust.
- Once your device is dust-free, gently clean the machine, one surface at a time, using a lightly water-dampened (non-scrubbing soap or standard liquid soap diluted in water can be used) clean microfibre cloth or anti-bacterial wipe.
- Pay special attention to the buttons and sides where people tend to touch the terminal. [TIP: If an area gets too wet, immediately wipe it with a dry cloth or paper towel.]
- Allow your device to dry for a few minutes.
- Once completely dry, reconnect it to the power source and turn on.
- Remember to wipe your device as often as possible during the day, preferably after each time a customer touches it.
What NOT to do
- Don’t spray, coat or pour any cleaning liquids, sanitiser or disinfectant directly onto the device.
- Don’t use bleach, harsh detergents, solvents or abrasive cleaning liquids as these can deteriorate the plastic and rubber.
- Refrain from vigorously scrubbing or shaking the device, which may result in damage to the keypad and device surface as well as triggering a tamper alert.
- IMPORTANT: Before you clean your device for the first time, read the manufacturer’s instructions for this process as certain things such as the type of cleaning product used can nullify the warranty of the device.
Other ways to help prevent the spread of germs
- Encourage your customer to use Contactless or Mobile QR payments
- Minimize unnecessary handling and contact with your payment devices by using a simple, cost-effective PED stand.
- Place hand sanitizer at each checkout point and ask customers to disinfect their hands before and after handling the payment device.
- Practice social distancing by placing markers on the floor to indicate where customers should stand.
- Maintain a clean and healthy in-store environment and regularly disinfect all surface areas.
- Ensure your staff is well educated about the current Health and Safety situation and promote awareness of personal preventative measures.
Read More Here:
Innervation_Keeping Devices CleanA4