We are looking for a creative and detail-oriented individual who is excited about building robust and high-quality products in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. This position offers excellent growth potential with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies and who is set on taking ownership and applying creative solutions to modern day problems.
The candidate will work with the Development, Sales, Support and Marketing teams to build and enhance products from existing ideas, and help develop new concepts based on industry research and the needs of customers and prospects.
The candidate should have a solid working knowledge of modern Cloud technologies, front-end as well as backend software engineering aspects. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
The candidate will be part of the TallOrder development team working closely with the Executive Management team to further grow our SAAS products.
CORE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as liaison between Management, Sales, Support, Development, and Marketing teams to support product positioning and customer demand as part of new product development.
- Perform market research and usage analysis to understand competitive landscape and define common use cases.
- Definition and ownership of product analytics and metrics to measure product performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Utilise customer feedback and insights to inspire product innovation.
- Write detailed product requirement documents for features planned in the next Product releases.
- Work closely with UX/UI graphic design teams, R&D, and customer-facing groups on requirements, design, development, and review.
- Work closely with marketing for positioning and core messaging.
- Conduct product-focused customer meetings and internal support training.
- Responsible for the delivery of beta releases to key stakeholders to gather valuable feedback and validate design during Product implementation and new feature releases.
- Own and prioritize the product backlog for the team on a daily basis.
- Define acceptance criteria for user stories and features from which the test tasks are derived and understood by the team.
- Own the test plan for features and provide feedback on the testing tasks handled by the QA engineers at the User story level.
- Train the development team on the functional features from a business perspective and get a clear understanding of the logged work, estimation, and monitor overall progress during meetings with the team.
- Identify and manage risks and dependencies.
- Present progress, dependencies, and risks during product meetings.
- Review plans and make sure it fulfills the business need Requirements.
- Monitor and analyze new technologies and inform company of their potential applications to our business. Conduct and lead forward looking research studies.
- Work with Training/Sales team to develop product training plan internally and externally.
- Consult with Support team to ensure appropriate service levels for the product line.
- Act as a product champion within the company.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record.
- 2+ years of growth-focused experience at a consumer technology company.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyse and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
- People skills: People management is at the heart of every Product Manager role. From ensuring that designers and engineers are working on the highest-priority tasks to keeping secondary stakeholders such as legal, quality, operations, and data teams well aware of product changes.
- An experimentation mindset: In an era of shorter development cycles, better access to data, and “fail fast” company culture, product manager is expected to approach challenges as experiments, with the outcome of each experiment leading to better user experiences.
- An eye for design: As with many product manager functions, incorporating design sense requires a bit of art and science—attention to what the data is saying, but also an eye to what makes sense from a design perspective.
- Data-driven, quick decision making: product manager must be able to make the right decisions in short periods of time.
- User-centricity: to understand the problem that’s being solved—and the product’s users are your best source of information.
- Technical skills: The candidate needn’t necessarily be a software expert, but should have the technical acumen necessary to prioritize projects. A core understanding of product complexity from a code perspective ensures proper team collaboration, respect, and expectations. Maintaining a reliable code base is just as important as shipping new features to customers—and high-quality Product Managers can help to minimize engineering risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Product certification management a plus
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies Strong problem solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
- Product/user interface design experience with web or software technologies.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Agile software development and project management.
- Self-motivated, self-directing and a good communicator. A passion for performance, debugging and benchmarking.
- Self-starter who goes above and beyond the expected requirements of the role.
- Awareness of current and emerging trends of software development Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
- Be flexible and be comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment with frequently changing business needs.
- Work well under pressure and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary.
- Positive attitude and demonstrated optimism are necessary.
- Project management skills to understand project plans and aid in communication to others are beneficial.
This position is a full-time position based in Cape Town (V & A Waterfront)
Your compensation for this position will consist of a market related salary and share program.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position.