Cloud Software Engineer
We are looking for a creative and driven cloud software engineer who is excited about building robust and high quality products. This position offers excellent growth potential for a developer who is set on taking ownership and applying creative solutions to modern day problems.
The position will focus on cloud development within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) eco system, and as such the candidate should have a solid working knowledge of AWS.
The ideal candidate will work closely with the product leads to develop the AWS micro-services for our scalable cloud based applications.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Work closely with product leads, designers and engineers to improve the quality, robustness and user experience of the product.
- Actively partake in the defining, planning and executing the product roadmap.
- Accurately predict development timelines, be able to stick to them and react quickly to change.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and industry standards.
- Continually keep yourself updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES::
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with deployment using yaml (serverless.com).
- Understanding of NoSQL concepts. Experience with DynamoDB a plus.
- Experience with API-driven systems, standards and frameworks including RESTful web services.
- Experience with GraphQL a plus.
- Experience with GIT version-control and Agile software development methodologies.
- 3+ years of relevant experience with a proven track record.
- Self-motivating, self-directing and a good communicator.
- A passion for performance, debugging and benchmarking.
- Enthusiasm for Agile software development.
- Awareness of current and emerging trends such as ES6 and micro-services.
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset.
- Dedicated to unit testing, code review and other quality-oriented practices.
- Be flexible and be comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment with frequently changing business needs
At CloudOne.mobi we develop Cloud based solutions hosted on the Amazon Web Services platform. We are a deep user of AWS services including the likes of EC2, Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, Dynamo, Aurora, Redshift, Machines Learning, Lex, Poly, Graph QL/AppSync and more.
Our solutions are built for the African Cloud which means they have to be able to function fully offline – we thus deploy a full asyncronous Cloud comms model.
We see React/React Native along with GraphQL as our core direction on the FrontEnd and we use a serverless model on the BackEnd to the greatest extent possible but keep in mind user needs ito responsiveness.As a Cloud solution builder we integrate to many different systems at Cloud level – accounting systems, payment gateways, reservation systems, loyalty systems, marketing systems and more.
We develop solutions at the leading edge of Cloud Computing and offer a very exciting evironment for personal growth and development for developers with a love for the technology!
Senior Integration Engineer
This position is a full-time position based in Cape Town (V & A Waterfront or Paarl offices) The possibility of remote work can be discussed.
Your compensation for this position will consist of a market related salary and share program.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position.